Ahaji Amos is an experienced attorney and counselor with over a decade of legal practice experience, a strong commitment to client service, and a keen understanding of the technical issues that arise in both intellectual property law and health care compliance matters. She is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, and
As an entrepreneur, Ahaji understands the needs of businesses for predictable, competent, and affordable legal representation. She created the law firm with that in mind. Most matters are handled on a flat-fee basis.
Ahaji’s intellectual property work has included:
- client counseling
- patent, copyright and trademark procurement
- technology transfer and licensing in mergers and acquisitions
- infringement analysis
- validity, clearance, and freedom-to-operate opinion counseling
- intellectual property litigation
- pursuing administrative appeals for patents and trademarks
She has worked in a wide variety of technology areas, including chemical/biotechnology, material sciences, fire retardants, pharmaceuticals, computer sciences, automated transaction processes, telecommunications, control systems, wireless operations, mechanical constructions, medical devices, oil and gas technology, pigments and dyes, and semiconductor processes.
Before starting her own firm, Ahaji practiced as an intellectual property litigator at two of the most prestigious law firms in the country: Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP and Thompson Coburn, LLP. She has also practiced patent and trademark prosecution at intellectual property boutique firms, including Polster, Lieder, Woodruff & Lucchesi LC and Kreuger Iselin, LLP. Ahaji earned a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from Southern Illinois University, where she was a National Science Foundation Scholar, and received her law degree from Indiana University. Ahaji was also a Proctor and Gamble Fellow at Franklin Pierce Law Center, where she completed a fellowship in Intellectual Property Law, including patent, trademark and trade secret law, and studied various aspects of intellectual property licensing.
Ahaji earned a Master of Public Health in Health Policy and Management from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is certified in health care compliance by the Health Care Compliance Association. She worked as a Strategic Associate in Patient Revenue Management Organization for the Duke University Health System, where she was responsible for various compliance-related projects and audits. Ahaji also has experience at the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Ahaji’s healthcare experience includes:
- representing major academic centers in certificate of need litigation
- representing long-term care facilities, including nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, durable medical equipment companies in administrative hearings, including deficiency hearings based on Medicare surveys
- representing health facilities in fair hearings
- Medicare Cost Report compliance
- Medicare, Medicaid, private payor billing and reimbursement compliance
- billing and coding
- revenue maximization
- strategic planning
- negotiating physician compensation agreements
Ahaji is licensed to practice law in North Carolina, Missouri and Texas. She is also registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.