We know what's important to new businesses and predictability is crucial. We publish our rates for two reasons. First, we want our clients to know exactly how much they will pay up-front. Second, we want our clients to know that we value them all equally. Everyone pays the same rate of $250 per hour. Sound cheap? Well, we know that small businesses are cash strapped and start-ups must be even more careful in how they spend their capital. Know that paying a reasonable fee does not mean that service or quality is sacrificed. We aren't trying to get rich; we offer our services at a rate that pays our bills and allows you to get the services that you need.
We believe that being effective advocates means keeping lines of communication open, so we answer brief questions and respond to simple emails and texts from clients without additional charges. If your answer doesn't involve research, we give it to you for free.
Because we understand the necessity of frugality and predictability for entrepreneurs and small business owners, we offer many services on a flat-fee basis. That means you get charged one, all-inclusive fee for this service; we won't charge you for phone calls or emails. See below for our flat-fee services.
Trademarks - Application/ Registration
Our flat fee trademark application service focuses on delivering quality legal services at a reasonable flat fee. For $400, per Mark, per class, not including government filing fees, we provide the following services:
Basic Trademark Search
- One hour consultation
- Preparation and filing of trademark application
- Tracking your trademark application once filed
- Non-substantive trademark office actions
- Mailing your trademark registration once issued
Trademark Statement of Use Filings
Our statement of use filing is offered at a flat fee of $450 each, not including the government filing fees.
Trademark Clearance Searches
Our trademark clearance services are focused on giving you the piece of mind that the tagline, logo, or words you are about to employ in your marketing are available. That way, you can avoid conflict with the owner of the mark and avoid investing in an illegal branding campaign that must be shut down sooner than you'd like. For a flat fee of $250, per mark, we will provide the following services:
- A comprehensive federal, state and common law trademark search to ensure no pre-existing trademark could cause the denial of your application. To conduct your trademark search, we use industry leading trademark search software.
- A complimentary second comprehensive trademark search if the first search finds a potential conflict for your trademark.
- An opinion letter, drafted by a trademark attorney, explaining the trademark search results.
- A 30-minute telephone consultation with a trademark attorney regarding the search results and trademark application.
- Drafting and filing of your federal trademark application in a single class
- Tracking of your trademark application once filed with the US Government
- Responding to any non-substantive Office Actions on your behalf
- Mailing your trademark registration certificate upon receipt from the US Government
Trademark Monitoring Service
Trademark law requires you to police your trademark. If you allow others to use it, you lose it. For a $200 flat-fee per year, we will monitor your trademark using proprietary software which will find trademark infringers. We will provide a quarterly report showing the result of our monitoring.
Trademark Renewal Filings
Our flat fee trademark renewal filings are a $150, flat-fee per filing.
Our flat fee copyright registration service focuses on preparing and filing a copyright registration at a reasonable rate. For $120 flat-fee, per registration, not including government filing fees, we provide the following services:
- Prepare and file your application at the U.S. Copyright Office
- 30-minute consultation
- Tracking your application one filed
- Non-substantive office actions
- Mailing your copyright registration once issued
Our flat fee patent services are listed below. All office actions and associated communications post-application filing, are billed at our normal billing rate, $250 per hour.
PROVISIONAL PATENT APPLICATIONS
FILING FEE INCLUDED, 25 PAGES OR LESS, INVENTOR-SUPPLIED FIGURES
UTILITY PATENT APPLICATIONS
INCLUDES PATENT SEARCH, USPTO FILING FEES
BASIC - 25 PAGES OR LESS, INVENTOR-SUPPLIED FIGURES, 20 CLAIMS OR LESS, THREE INDEPENDENT CLAIMS OR LESS
INTERMEDIATE - 35 PAGES OR LESS, 5 PAGES OF FIGURES OR LESS, 20 CLAIMS OR LESS, THREE INDEPENDENT CLAIMS OR LESS
COMPLEX - 40 PAGES OR LESS, 10 PAGES OF FIGURES OR LESS, 30 CLAIMS OR LESS
DESIGN PATENT APPLICATION